As the show started,we came to know that randy Orton was sitting on a sofa with Teddy long and the later explained to The Viper that he will not be allowed to compete tonight or at elimination chamber due to concussion suffered last week at Raw.
this leaves us one spot empty and it will be filled tonight.The show starts off with “The Apex Predator” Randy Ortonbeing told by Teddy Long that he cannot compete tonight due to a concussion that Orton sustained last week. Long then states that he knows Orton is upset at Daniel Bryan, but Bryan hasn’t shown up yet. Then Long says he has a security team ready to escort Orton out of the building in hopes of keeping things in order. Orton seems irate over the situation and then Long tells Orton that he is also going to be pulled from this Sunday’s Elimination Chamber. Orton, visibly bothered, leaves without saying a word.
In the opening bout of the evening, The Big Show and The Great Khali take on Cody Rhodes and Wade Barrett. Wade tries to start out the match with some aggression but is immediately tossed to the canvas by Khali. Khali continues to handle Barrett before The Great Khali lets Cody into the ring. Cody moves in and slaps Khali only to be choked and punched for his trouble. Cody, having had enough, then tags in Barrett who takes advantage of an unsuspecting Khali. Quick tags by both Wade and Rhodes with the big man slowing down now. With Cody now in the ring, he launches himself off the middle turnbuckle but Khali catches him in mid-air. After tossing Cody halfway across the ring, Big Show tags in and spears Wade before shooting Rhodes to the outside. After setting up Wade, he slams him down with a choke slam and the team of The Big Show and The Great Khali get the win.
After the match, Khali and Big Show seem to be arguing. With little hesitation, Big Show hits the WMD on Khali and heads to the back after knocking him out.
WWE Smackdown Results – February 17, 2012
- Big Show and The Great Khali defeated Wade Barrett and Cody Rhodes by pinfall. Khali pinned Barrett. Khali hit Barrett with the chokeslam to get the win.
- Hunico defeated Ted DiBiase by roll-up pinfall.
- Epico and Primo defeated Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso by pinfall.
- Daniel Bryan defeated Sheamus by disqualification.
- Jinder Mahal defeated Ezekiel Jackson by submission.
- Tamina and Alicia Fox defeated Natalya and Beth Phoenix by pinfall. Tamina pinned Natalya.
- Santino Marella won a battle royal to claim Randy Orton’s spot in the Smackdown Elimination Chamber match.